Answer the question
First and foremost, you need to pay attention to and follow the Request for Proposal (RFP). Study the RFP, and be responsive. Make sure you answer the question, with both details and evidence. Don’t simply state that you are the best, but show the client why. Demonstrate how you will complete the task, and explain your experience. If your answer is evasive, your client will see right through you and you will lose credibility. Use simple language, and leave out the fluff.
It’s not about you
It’s all about your client! Try to understand the client, and talk about the benefits of choosing you. Show the client that you understand their criteria, their issues, their industry, and their problems. Provide information that matters, and mirror the issues and facts that were explained in the RFP.
How are you different from other companies? Highlight the benefits for the client by linking your features to the benefits. And highlight any alternative solutions you might think of for the client, showing off your problem solving skills. You shouldn’t assume that the client knows anything about you. So make sure you explain your capabilities and sell your services throughout the proposal.
Impress the client
Provide more than the client expects! Do research on your client and their competition, and impress them with your insight. And make sure you customize your proposal every single time. Even though boilerplate can be used as a foundation, boilerplate proposals don’t win.
How can XaitPorter help?
XaitPorter lets you spend time on how to win the proposal, instead of wasting time on how to deliver it. By working smarter, you can create better proposals faster.
- XaitPorter lets you easily create an outline according to the RFP. This way, you can to make sure all questions are answered, and all necessary sections are included.
- The automatic workflow lets you assign responsibilities and set deadlines, and all notifications are automatically taken care off. So that you can spend on what really matters; the content.
- The XaitPorter database makes it easy to reuse material such as outlines, text and graphics. And you can easily customize it if needed.
- Because everyone has simultaneous access to the live document, project managers can keep track of which information has been included and what is yet to be added. Is your proposal getting your message across? Does it include the right information? You will always know the answer, because the document is always available. You get no surprises at deadline, and no last minute panic.
- Last but not least, XaitPorter gives you professional layout. Without this, your prospective client won’t even bother reading your document.
When we teach you how to use XaitPorter, we also teach you techniques for creating winning proposals. Xait has employees with backgrounds in publishing, print management, and professional writing, several of which are Accredited Members of APMP (Association of Proposal Management Professionals). We know how to create proposals, and we’ll help you make your key issues and unique selling points stand out. Even when your client is just skimming the document. We help you ensure that your document looks and feels perfect, and gets across why you are better than the competition.