Xait plays a vital role globally in redefining document collaboration through optimising document production processes. The drive to create a better life for everyone, by finding smart solutions together, defines Xait’s culture. Our product, XaitPorter, is the preferred solution for delivering efficient, effective, secure and high quality business critical documents.
Headquartered in Norway, Europe, the company has a brave approach to challenging established mindsets and standards. Our fresh and unconventional approach to seeing our customers succeed, is what separates us from all competition.
You are an experienced developer; you delve into the details, while still keeping the big picture in mind. You’re self-driven, and actively seek out the information you need to do your job effectively, either by collaborating with other team members, doing research or any other creative way you can think of. You consider yourself to have high integrity, you’re conscientious and good at keeping commitments. You have very good communication skills, and you have no problem communicating with testers, project management, and executives efficiently.
To become the leading vendor in collaborative authoring solutions we want to strengthen our team in Norway with a skilled PHP developer.
You will join the core product development team, where you will play an important part in delivering high quality software to Xait’s customers.
You must have:
- Extensive experience with PHP
- Experience with unit testing
- Skilled in object-oriented design
- Very good English skills
You should also have:
- Knowledge of Oracle database/technologies
- Experience with Redis (or other key-value memory cache servers)
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience with queue services
- Knowledge of or experience with Specification by Example
- Experience with ExtJS
- Experience with web-based editors i.e. CK editor, TinyMCE, Ace
- Knowledge of container technology e.g. Docker
- Experience with modern languages, e.g. Go, Typescript
- Examples of your work, e.g. your contribution to an open source project or a link to your code (for example on GitHub)
There is potential for personal and professional development, so we welcome leadership and mentoring skills.
Our product, XaitPorter, has become the preferred collaborative authoring solution for the oil and gas industry and is used by some of the largest companies in the world. XaitPorter enables several contributors to work on the same document at the same time. A typical area of use is bids & proposals, where contributors work together from multiple locations in order to prepare a bid in a short time frame.
Why work for us?
- Good work-life balance
- Freedom to focus and manage your work
- Focus on skill and knowledge development
- Xait was recently named “Cool Vendor in Content Management” by leading information technology research and advisory company Gartner
- The position is located in Xait’s HQ, in Forus, the industrial area of Stavanger. Stavanger is the fourth largest city in Norway and is considered to be Norway’s oil capital, as such it is home to a large community of ex-pats from various places around the globe
- We offer an opportunity in a friendly and international work environment with a clear focus on culture, communication & collaboration.
- You will join an agile development team that aspires to work according to principles and practices from Kanban, Lean, Scrum and XP.
To apply please upload your CV and a short cover letter at https://tech.interspeedia.c
Questions about the position? Contact Jon Håvard Gundersen, Lead Developer, tlf: 46696715
or Reidun R. Heyerdahl, HR/Office Manager, tlf: 92421488
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.