How do you differentiate your organization from your competitors in a bidding situation?
Is your message and value proposition effectively reaching the customer proposal evaluators?
Where: Oslo, The Grand Hotel
When: March 13th 8am – 10.30am 2012
A presentation that focuses on the following key discussion points:
- Are your key messages & value proposition clear and understood by the reader?
- How to create a proposal that stands out from your competitors.
- How to convert your companies cross disciplinary expertize into a detailed quality value proposition and be time efficient
- Managing today’s working environment; across offices and time zones
- How do we address the challenges and what tools do we have available?
0800am Registration and Breakfast
1010am Questions to panel
Graham Ablett, Senior Consultant, Strategic Proposals
With technology and telecommunication advancements, globalisation and cost reduction drivers, more and more companies are asking their employees to work virtually. In this session two leading proposal experts will look at some of the pitfalls, best practices and what the future holds for virtual bid team working.
Graham Ablett is a Consulting Director at Strategic Proposals, holds the highest level of accreditation in the proposal industry, ‘APMP Professional’ and is an APMP Approved Trainer. With 16 years of bid and proposal management experience, Graham has worked across a host of different market sectors. Graham regularly presents at APMP conferences, including the 2009 US, UK and DACH events. He also chaired a major panel session on international bidding at this year’s APMP worldwide conference. He has recently had an article published in the International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management’s IFPSMezine.
Sander Buik, Tender Co-ordinator, Aker Solutions
A real-life Case Study:
– The challenges and problems faced with managing high value bids and working in a team environment
– The process and systems that have been implemented to streamline the bidding process.
– Key learnings, the bad and the good.
Aker Solutions is a leading global oil services company that provides engineering services, technologies, product solutions and field-life solutions for the oil and gas industry. Every contract requires a formal tender or proposal for legal purposes however this is still a competitive process. Sander holds a Bachelors degree in Commercial Economics and has 12 years of experience in sales and proposals, Sander oversees all tender activities, including directing proposal personnel, managing tender schedules and deadlines, developing proposal outline and compliance matrix, and monitoring the progress of the proposal. The tenders have included winning 4 very high value bids to the value of 4 billion NOK (USD $665 mil). Additionally, Sander is the Global XaitPorter service delivery manager which is responsible implementing the global strategy of this business critical application.
Leif Kjetil Skjæveland, Partner, Xait
– How does your client evaluate your proposal?
– How do you separate yourself from your competitors?
– How do you make complex proposals easier?
Skjæveland is a trained historian and journalist. He has worked as a professional writer and has also worked several years in the advertising and branding industry. The last ten years Skjæveland has helped some of the largest companies in the world winning their bids, and helping small businesses winning jobs they can’t afford to lose. Skjæveland is an accredited member of APMP (Association of Proposal Management Professionals).